Yarn braids are fun and they give you the feel of having locs (hinse them also being known as genie-locs) ... This would be my second time doing yarn braids but the first time making them this length..she wanted waist length in the back.. We headed to Walmart to get the yarn and the 11 hour journey would begin.
1. I purchased Red Heart brand yarn from Walmart 2 bundles ( dark brown & fuschia ) ..also I had some blue yarn at home.
2. I stretched the yarn to waist length, doubled it and then cut it. I used that first one to measure each remaining piece. I didn't count them but I would be using 3 pieces per braid.
3. Washed, conditioned & detangled her hair.
4. Applied Cantu Shea butter leave in conditioner, Ampro Vitamin E oil & TGIN daily moisturizer
5. I used the same technique in the video below.....