The National Natural Hair Meetup Day is an annual one-day event which will be held this year on May 19, 2012. Its purpose is to allow the opportunity for women across the United States and Canada to meet in their own communities while networking, sharing and meeting (virtually) other women across the country participating in meetups on the same day. Natural hair meetups are events designed to share information, techniques, inspiration and products to aid individuals in their natural hair journey. The purpose of the event is; to build community within the natural hair community, expand natural hair meetups into newer and/or smaller markets across the United States as, well as allow people interested in hosting meetups the opportunity to gain experience, tips and best practices from more experienced meetup hosts and organizers During and as a result of National Natural Hair Meetup Day, attendees will be able to:
- Meet other naturals in their area
- Gain exposure to natural hair product lines and companies
- Learn the process of planning and executing a natural hair meetup (event hosts)
- Meet natural hair and beauty bloggers and Youtube vloggers
- Network with other natural hair meetup organizers (event hosts)
- Discover resources, techniques, products and people that can serve as inspiration and information for the natural hair care journey.
This event is also a virtual party! Interact with other kinky, curly and loc wearing sisters live via twitter using the hashtag #NNHMD and on NNHMD's facebook wall. For more information or to start making connections now check out the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/nnhmd or follow on twitter: www.twitter.com/naturalhairnmd
What city are you representing? Share your thoughts, I would love to read them!